Preventative care is one of the most valuable services that we provide. Designed to help you maintain a beautiful and healthy smile for life, regular dental check-ups and cleanings are an essential part of your overall health. Regular preventative appointments can save you much time, money, and pain down the road.
In addition to regular brushing and flossing, part of your hygiene and prevention routine should be regular visits to the dentist. Through reducing plaque buildup and detecting signs of decay at an early stage, the dentist can help you maintain your oral health for life. At Brock Starr Dental, your preventative cleaning appointment will consist of:
- A full dental exam performed by the dentist.
- Removal of calculus (tartar), a type of hardened plaque that forms above and below the gum line.
- Removal of plaque, a sticky film that forms on teeth from bacteria, food debris, and saliva. Plaque is often the cause of gum disease which can effect your general health.
- Teeth polishing to remove stains and plaque still present after brushing and scaling.
- A fluoride treatment to increase the teeth’s resistance to decay.
As part of our preventative care routine, we also offer dental sealants. While it is important to take care of teeth to prevent decay, sometimes a patient’s natural make-up may be such that a gap exists between teeth that may harbor bacteria. Sealant, a thin plastic coating, may be applied to prevent further decay. The application process is completely painless and only takes a few minutes.
We have Saturday and evening appointments to ensure that a great smile fits into your busy schedule. Call us at 905-668-3884 to schedule a consultation and learn more about the benefits of a beautiful smile and a wonderful dental experience.